Week 1: Position Yourself for Success
- We're going to work together to bring your real, unique value to the surface ... and determine how to best communicate the most impressive points.
- Believe me, you HAVE real value to offer. You just need to learn how to communicate that value.
- We're going to develop a core message you can start using in your own marketing communications and in conversations with prospects.
- We're also going to go over how to communicate what you do to people who have no idea what copywriting or content writing is all about ... but who can possibly refer you to potential prospects they know personally.
- By the end of week 1, you'll have a clear foundational message you can work with. In fact, I'll help you to make sure you have the strongest, most compelling message possible!
Week 2: Implementation Time + LIVE Coaching Call
- I want you to do this right. So I've included a lot of implementation time in this program.
- This is the perfect time to finish your positioning and messaging homework.
- Crystal (my director of operations) and I will hold a LIVE coaching call during week #2 to answer any questions and provide any technical or strategic support you may need.
- We'll be available in the forums to help answer any website support questions you may have (more on that later).
Week 3: Create Your Marketing Hub
- I'll show you how to create a website that's both simple and polished. And you're going to do that in record time. That way you can start getting results quickly!
- You're going to take the messages you created in week #1 and flesh those out into marketing copy.
- And you're going to end up with something that will have prospects feeling comfortable about you and your abilities BEFORE they even talk to you.
- Crystal and I will walk through every step of this process. And Crystal will walk you through a series of screen-capture videos that will show you exactly how to set up your site and how to upload your copy to your website.
- You DON'T need to be tech-savvy to do this. We'll keep it very simple, and we'll show you how to launch a website that looks extremely polished and professional quickly and with minimal hassle.
- If you already have a website this session will still be very useful. You'll learn how to adjust what you have now so that it's more powerful and speaks directly to your best prospects.
Weeks 4 and 5: Implementation Time
- During these two weeks you'll work on finalizing your copy and your website. We've found that it really helps to have this buffer time at this point in the program.
- Crystal and I will be in the forum answering questions and providing feedback.
Week 6: Create Your "First Round" List + Live Coaching Call
- I'm going to walk you through a step-by-step process to building your "launch list."
- You'll learn an easy way to get this done that's simple ... stress-free ... and will possibly turn up prospects you didn't even know existed.
- I'm going to give you some shortcuts, including my "List Kickstarted Matrix."
- This tool will drastically simplify your list-building efforts while enabling you to prioritize your outreach.
- And by the end of this week, you'll have a solid list of prospects and referral sources to contact.
- Plus I'll do a LIVE coaching call this week to answer your questions, coach you through any challenges you might be facing, give you feedback on your prospecting efforts, and more.
Week 7: Learn How to Prospect with "Warm Emails"
- After this session, you'll know exactly how to craft short, powerful and inviting email messages...
- And that enable you to start a productive dialogue with good prospects.
- We'll cover the art of "warm email prospecting." And I'll show you how to craft "launch emails" that generate interested prospects and referrals.
Week 8: Prospect for Quick Wins
- You'll discover how to create a prospecting plan that yields results fast ... yet is also well aligned with your own goals and time constraints.
- You'll discover the best approach to use for each prospect category.
- You'll learn how to approach your prospecting with "quick wins" in mind.
- And you'll see why this is much "healthier" than the standard approach many experts teach.
- You'll learn how to follow up with non-respondents ... and what to say and do with those who DO respond.
- You'll learn how to track your activity. And I'll show you how to set up a basic prospect tracking system that will help you stay on top of your efforts.
Week 9: Qualify, Quote and Close the Deal
- You have the prospect on the phone. Now what??!! By the end of week 9 you'll know exactly what exact questions to ask.
- You'll also learn how to limit what you ask so you get just the info you need and not waste the prospect's time or YOUR time.
- I'll show you how to deal with tricky questions. And how to make the prospect feel comfortable about you and the value you can provide.
- You'll discover how to screen incoming prospects to ensure you have a good fit.
- You'll learn how to price projects strategically and profitably. In fact, I'll share my own master fee schedule. And I'll show you how to adjust your figures if you're just starting out.
- Just as important, you'll learn how to present your fees professionally ... and how to increase your chances of getting a "Let's do this!" from your prospect.
Week 10: Qualify, Quote and Close the Deal
- What should your fee agreement say? And what terms and conditions should you include to avoid potential problems? I'll show you the basic information to include.
- And let's say that you've sent in your quote and fee agreement... now what? When should you follow up? How often? What if you get no response?
- What do you do with prospects that delay the project? Should you ask for a deposit? When ... and how much?
- What should your payment terms be to minimize problems and speed up payments?
- And what if the prospect balks at your price? How do you react? Should you negotiate?
- I'm going to cover all those questions (and their answers) in this week's session. That way you're armed with what you need to know to tackle these situations with confidence.
Week 11: Implementation Time + LIVE Coaching Call
This week we're going to take a break from the training. Because you're going to go on a prospecting blitz!
In fact, we're going to start moving more aggressively into prospecting.
You will have already done quite a bit of early-stage prospecting by this point. But now we're going to take it up a notch.
So in this last phase of the program, a big part of your time will be spent prospecting ... refining your execution plan ... and getting direct feedback from me during our live coaching call.
Hopefully you'll have a client by this point. So I need to give you time to work on client projects.
Which is why I've built in more periods of implementation time at this point.
Week 12: Warm Email Prospecting Case Studies + Advanced Execution Plans
This week we'll take a deeper dive into warm email prospecting.
- I'll share advanced strategies, campaign maps and execution plans, now that you've been practicing this strategy for a few weeks.
- I'll also share some email prospecting case studies from the trenches.
- These success stories will arm you with more practical ideas ... and give you the inspiration you need to keep taking action.
Week 13: Implementation Time
Here again, I'm going to give you time to put the prospecting ideas into play. And to work on any client projects you might have landed by this point.
Week 14: Smart Inbound Marketing Strategies
By this point, you're well on your way to generating good leads and maybe even working with a client or two.
So this week we'll discuss how to build on this initial foundation for long-term success.
- I'll teach you 5 low-tech, and proven and underused ways to land more clients.
- You'll learn how to network better and smarter ... even if you're an introvert
- We'll talk about how to find hidden opportunity with existing clients ...
- How to partner strategically with other freelancers ...
- And how to approach design firms and marketing agencies to diversify your portfolio and your income.
Week 15: Implementation Time + LIVE Coaching Call
This week is all about deploying the first steps of your chosen inbound marketing strategy...
As well as working on client projects (if any) ... and continued prospecting.
I'll be available in the forum to answer questions and give you feedback as you deploy some of these ideas (I'll tell you more about the forum in a minute).
We'll also have a live coaching call where we can discuss your questions in detail, talk through any issues and give you personalized feedback on anything you'd like.
Week 16: How to Find Immediate Project Opportunities with Both Prospects and Clients
This week I'll go over 41 proven (yet overlooked!) ideas for landing profitable work quickly.
Now that you're hopefully moving right along and gaining solid momentum, you'll want to keep that up.
So we'll focus on quick, ready-made ideas to land work fast.
This lesson alone could change your business in a dramatic way. You'll learn ideas and strategies you can continue to deploy as you grow and scale your business in the coming months and years.
Week 17: LIVE
As we wrap up our work together, I'll hold an extra coaching call to go through any remaining questions or scenarios.
Now that you're hopefully working with a client or two, your questions will very likely be different.
How do I respond to a client who changes the scope of work midway through the project?
How do I price X project?
I landed a white paper opportunity. How much time should I budget for research, interviews, writing, editing, etc.? What questions should I ask the client? How should I approach the project?
Whatever your questions, I'll be there to address them live ... and to talk through different scenarios and ideas with you.
I only wish I would have had this kind of access to a seasoned pro when I was getting started!
Give Your Freelance Business a Real Chance at Success
Look ... if you were starting a traditional brick-and-mortar business, you'd probably get some help, wouldn't you?
If it were a franchise, you'd have help, training and support from the corporate office.
If it were a true mom-and-pop, you'd take some classes ... get help from the experts at the Small Business Administration ... or even hire a veteran entrepreneur to coach you.
So why would you attempt to launch a freelance venture all on your own?
This is not a "just add water" business. The failure rate is just as high as any other category.
You need to know what you're doing to get business in the door. Because, frankly, there are a TON of things you can do wrong.
That's where I can help you.
If you're serious about launching a successful B2B/commercial writing business, do it the right way. Enroll in B2B Biz Launcher 2.0 today. Let me personally mentor you through the fastest and safest path to commercial writing success.
And let's work together to make 2017 the year you finally become a successful freelance B2B writer.
To your success,
International Freelancers Academy
Co-author, The Wealthy Freelancer
The High-Income Business Writing podcast